Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Before I start - Echo fuel data?

• bleve
  • Topic Author

bleve created the topic: Before I start - Echo fuel data?

Hello and thank you for reading.
I've just ponied up for the 4 practice exams, and before I start exam 1, I printed out the first 24 pages of the workbook, which does not, as far as I can tell, have Echo fuel burn rates for various power settings and taxi and holding fuel requirements, nor does it seem to have charts of TAS vs %MCP at various temperatures etc. Is that supplied in the exam as part of the questions or do I need to either remember them all (really?!) or is it later in the workbook somewhere I missed, amongst all the helecopter and nav stuff?

Thank you,
Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Before I start - Echo fuel data?

Gidday Carl

No, there is no information on fuel flows at various power settings or TAS tables in the CASA Exam booklet. I included that in the Performance Supplement for the course. However the good news is that the exam questions will give you a fuel flow and TAS in the question text, so you do not have to go looking for that information.

The reason I gave the fuel flow and TAS tables in the course Supplement was to make the questions more realistic and more like what you would need to do in the real world. In this regard, the exam questions are easier than the ones you encountered during the course.

Bob

• bleve
  • Topic Author

bleve replied the topic: Before I start - Echo fuel data?

Thank you Bob, that's good to know! How about things like the max x-wind component for landing etc? In your performance textbook, one of the CPL practice questions (coonabarabran!) has a x-wind limit as part of it, but that's not listed in the workbook either - would that be provided in the exam question?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Before I start - Echo fuel data?

Yep - that too...

• bleve
  • Topic Author

bleve replied the topic: Before I start - Echo fuel data?

Beauty, thank you Bob and thank you for the prompt replies!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds