Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PASSED: 98% in Performance!

• rw1234
  • Topic Author

rw1234 created the topic: PASSED: 98% in Performance!

Sat my very last CPL exam today and got 98%! Just want to say thanks to Bob for your amazing books! Couldn't have gotten through the numbers without your humour.

Performance was one of the first exams I had attempted and got 68% the first time around. However this time, I learnt my mistake and rigorously followed Bob's book. I learnt every equation/flow chart and the MEANING behind it. I emphasize this because it HELPS. Learning why the 2360 is there in the Forward Limit equation (so you don't mistake it for 2630) or why you might need to know the number of kg difference between the present ZFW and max ZFW gets you through a lot of tricky questions and helps you understand the question being asked of you. Remember that heaps of the definitions and conversions are in the front and back of ERSA and Bob's written it in his book to help you out - so definitely look it up! And ask around for other tips and tricks, like saying "TORA" as take-off (ground) "roll" available - even though it's not what the R stands for ("run") - it helped me retain the definition a little easier. And do lots of repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. I went and bought the practice exams and repeated until I ended up enjoying the questions (or maybe I'm going crazy).

I got a few questions on factors affecting take-off and lading, etc. Lots of weight AND balance, and lots of weight OR balance questions. PNR/ETPs. Heaps of fuel calc's. Charts, charts and more charts - don't forget your Alpha, Bravo and Charlie charts - they'll get ya. I've probably made it sounds worse than it is, but it's always better to prepare for the worst case scenario than hope for the best.

Anyway, I hope this helps in some way! Happy studying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PASSED: 98% in Performance!

Congratualtions rw. That's a fantastic result, especially for home study! Enjoy your flying now.

All the best....

Bob

• maxiboy

maxiboy replied the topic: PASSED: 98% in Performance!

98%.... Good work!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds