Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed Performance Exam Today. Exam Review.

• Tanser88
  • Topic Author

Tanser88 created the topic: Passed Performance Exam Today. Exam Review.

Hi Bob and fellow aviators,

I passed my CPL Performance exam today with a nice 94%. To be honest I was terrified going in!
My advise would be, don't get lazy with studying. I found that repetition was key. Know you're fuel calculations, density height flow chart and calculations, know all you're weight and balance flow charts. Try your best to memorize all the flow charts and especially the ETP (CP) and PNR calculations.
I did so much repetition that i managed memorized all the the formulas and flow charts. Also, write down all the formulas and flow charts that you remember on the scibble pad they give you.
As they say, practice makes perfect. Practice and do all the questions in the Bob Tait book and I recommend purchasing the practice exams as well, as they will help and help you find your weaknesses. Not only that, they're excellent with preparing you for the hardest questions you could get.
When doing the Exam remember to RTFQ.
What helped me was to read the question first, then read the info you need to answer the question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Passed Performance Exam Today. Exam Review.

Congratulations Tanser! Good job and thanks for the exam review. There are some excellent tips there for your fellow students.
Cheers,
Rich

• Tanser88
  • Topic Author

Tanser88 replied the topic: Passed Performance Exam Today. Exam Review.

Thanks Rich! I appreciate it!
My pleasure! Hopefully the next 4 will go just as smoothly :)

113920 replied the topic: Passed Performance Exam Today. Exam Review.

Dear Rich, Bob and Fellow Students,
Sat and passed (90%)the Performance Exam last week.Thanks guys!
A few things which helped:
-the extra module of sample exams was excellent in identifying my weaknesses. Money and time well spent. Apart from the RTFQ issues, there wasn't anything which hadn't been covered
-I'd heard that the memorisation of the formulas is easier if you write them down (repeated) in pencil as part of your preparation. Seemed like primary school all over again, but seemed to have helped.
-After finishing the classes, felt a bit overwhelmed and not quite ready for the exam. So I rescheduled the exam, twice.
-Asked the invigilator "Would they mind my taking a few minutes to compose my thoughts prior to starting the exam?" "No worries" Took the time to do my brain dump, then hit the start button.
Hope this may be of some help.

• Tanser88
  • Topic Author

Congrats buddy! Well done on the score! I'm doing Air Law soon, have you done that one yet by any chance? If so, what were the questions like? I'm terrified of Air Law lol

Dear Tanser88,
Sat and passed Air Law 3 weeks ago.
Key Points:
Bob's CAR CASR and CAO summary was invaluable. Also, strongly recommend the extra cyber exams. Time and $ well spent
Being able to rapidly find material (via the index/tabs) is critical.
I felt that having only a working knowledge of the material was sufficient provided you could supplement and check your answer (as above) from the docs.
Only had 2 questions on duty times. Best tip was from Rich - if stumped, work backward from each answer and see which one fits best. Or select Answer C and pray.
Good luck

• Tanser88
  • Topic Author

Thanks heaps buddy! I really appreciate that insight! Just as you recommended I purchased the cyber exams from Bob Tait. I feel as though I can rapidly find information as well. Went through the book 3 times. With the duty time type questions, did you happen get CAO 48.1 Appendix 5 by any chance, or just the CAO 48.0 and/or CAO 48.1 Appendix 1? Also were the questions worded well and easy to understand what they were asking at all?

Thanks again,

Ivan

Dear Tanser 88,
Had one question from (the old) CAO48.0 and one from (the new) CAO48.1.
Questions were worded well, Just (again) recommend that you be able to reference and check your answer so as to be able to provide a complete answer.
Also, if you are really stressing over Air Law (I was), take yourself off to Redcliffe and do the course there. It was a great experience.
And lastly, on a personal note, don't fret over what you may not know. That rabbit hole is pretty deep for most of us. Best to keep things in perspective and know what you do know well, and to know where you need to go for the rest.
All the best

• Tanser88
  • Topic Author

Thanks mate! You're right about that. That rabbit hole is very deep. I have a habit of stressing heaps over exams. I'm actually doing the exam tomorrow morning. I don't think I'd be able to get to Redcliffe, as I'm from Melbourne. I would if I was from the area though. I hope I pass this one, as its my last for CPL, so I can relax and just fly for the rest of my course. Thanks again mate, I wish you safe and blue skies!

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds