Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Density Altitude

• RobH
  • Topic Author

RobH created the topic: Density Altitude

Hi All,
I'm studying for my last CPL exam, Performance. Could anyone tell me if the flight computer method of finding density altitude is accurate enough to use in the exam, or is the formula method preferred?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Density Altitude

Gidday Rob
Two points to make. There is no doubt that your computer would give you a perfectly adequate answer in practice. However, remember that the exam now contains questions that require a numerical answer to be typed into a field instead of choosing one answer out of four choices. I don't know how much variation they will accept from the calculated answer in that case. Also once you have become familiar with the 'flow chart' method, it is often the case that it actually takes less time to use your calculator rather than you flight computer. Also this eliminates the possibility of misreading a computer scale.

Bob

• RobH
  • Topic Author

RobH replied the topic: Density Altitude

Thanks Bob, flow chart method it is. I'll just have to practice a bit more!

• abargri

abargri replied the topic: Density Altitude

Hi Rob,

Not sure how different the CPL exam is from the PPL on density altitudes, but I found the Bob Tait PPL book really easy to follow with the flowchart in this regard.

All the best with it.
cheers,

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds