Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Shifting weight for the forward limit

• alext647
  • Topic Author

alext647 created the topic: Shifting weight for the forward limit

Hi all

I'm just going back through my performance book before booking my test, and no matter how many times I read this It just doesn't seem to come across easily to me :blink: maybe its just to late at night ;)

On page 5.48 last paragraph on shifting weight to place the C of G on the forward limit it says:

"Note that a forward limit problem will always occur at low zero fuel weight and after fuel is added such as a ferry flight with a heavy fuel load. The aircraft would have been OK at zero fuel weight. This is a consequence of the aircraft design. The only components of zero fuel weight that are ahead of the centre of gravity are the nose compartment and row 1, while the main fuel tanks are well ahead of the centre of gravity."

Can anyone else put this in different words, I think the wording is throwing me off a bit :side:

Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alext647
  • Topic Author

alext647 replied the topic: Shifting weight for the forward limit

Oh wait ! haha after rereading it again I believe what it is saying is that the aircraft would have been within the C of G limits before the fuel was added.

Is this correct ???? :)

I think I was reading it as if the flight had actually gone ahead which contradicted the idea.....

Alex T

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Shifting weight for the forward limit

Yes. The Exho could never be out of the forward limit at ZFW. If it was, it would mean you could never put any fuel in the tanks, because you must fill the main tanks first and the main tanks are well ahead of the forward limit. If you have a forward limit problem, you can be sure that it will occur at take-off after the fuel is added.

Bob

• alext647
  • Topic Author

alext647 replied the topic: Shifting weight for the forward limit

Ah very good, Thanks for your help Bob :)

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds