Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Add/Subtract weight to find CG forward limit

• oscarmiike
  • Topic Author

oscarmiike created the topic: Add/Subtract weight to find CG forward limit

Hi all,

I'm working through the weight & balance problems and I've come across a very brief section (page 5.49-50) on "Adding or Subtracting weight to place the C of G on the forward limit". This asks me to add a convenient weight, 100kg, to my gross weight so I can find the difference where the line intersects the forward limit of the envelope. I understand this "add a convenient weight" concept, though it made more sense to me in previous aft limit exercises when a new weight and moment was calculated based on the subtraction of say, 100kg (a convenient weight), of baggage. The example on page 5.49 adds 50 to the present moment of 650 without explanation.

Long story short, I'd appreciate it if someone could help me understand how the new moment index figure is found for this section. I must be missing something, the number added to the moment index can't be a convenient moment figure.. I don't see how that would work.

Thanks in advance! :)

OM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oscarmiike
  • Topic Author

oscarmiike replied the topic: Add/Subtract weight to find CG forward limit

I've clearly been looking at this screen for too long. Disregard this, I figured it out moments after hitting the submit button!

Time for bed :silly:

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Add/Subtract weight to find CG forward limit

:D Good on you OM - glad you got it sorted.

• Para

Para replied the topic: Add/Subtract weight to find CG forward limit

Hi Richard..I am still trying tpo get my head around this. How does one find the new Moment when you add a convenien on the CG envelop to find forward limit while addginf weightr?? Really need your help thanks

• Para

I mean add a convenien weight*

• Para

I think there is a direct correlation between posting this question on the forum TO the moment of enlightenment. Its called ZWL or Zero Wait Limit :)

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Add/Subtract weight to find CG forward limit

Hi Para,
Adding weight to solve forward limit problems in the Echo can only be worked using the "two-point" method on the envelope and seeing where the line between the two points crosses the envelope boundary. Check out page 5.49 in the Performance textbook for more information.
Cheers,
Rich

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds