Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Round up or not????

• ranger43
  • Topic Author

ranger43 created the topic: Round up or not????

Hi I hope some body can help me.

I have been having some trouble with weight and balance question and I think it because I don't round up or down I use the number I get because I have been doing some prep test and sometime they round up sometime they round down or don't round up at all and I'm really confused on what to do and it is effect my answer and I have all ready failed performances!! Once all ready.

Do I round up or not and when???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Round up or not????

The normal procedure is to round to the nearest whole number. However the examiner almost always requires you to select the answer that 'is closest to'' your answer. I'm sure that you will never lose a mark for being a fraction of a kilogram or a fraction a millimeter off the listed answer. After all, in practice you are estimating the weight of fuel on board using a dip stick.

• ranger43
  • Topic Author

ranger43 replied the topic: Round up or not????

Thanks it just in the test the answers are close so I was having trouble finding the right answer.

Also as a general rule what questions do you use the graph and what question you use the formulas???

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Round up or not????

If you are shifting weight, you can ALWAYS use the flow chart [mathematical ] solution for both the forward and aft limit.

However, if you are trying to get to the forward limit by adding weight or subtracting you must use the graph.

You can ALWAYS use the flow chart or formula if you are working to get to the aft limit by adding, subtracting weight.

• ranger43
  • Topic Author

ranger43 replied the topic: Round up or not????

Thanks bob I will try it and see how I go :)

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds