Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

TAF or TTF and using longest RWY NIL Wind

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook created the topic: TAF or TTF and using longest RWY NIL Wind

Hi Bob and Richard

Just wondering if we get a question along the lines of "Given that the following conditions exists at Coonabarabran" (Cyberexam part 3) does that mean TAF/TTF, or pilot observed, or declared density.

The reason I ask is sometimes I find it hard to differentiate from the wording of the questions if a TAF or TTF Forecast has been issued, vs an actual observation.

Obviously if we are using a TAF or TTF we consider NIL wind and the longest RWY, but if an observation or declared density then we would consider the Actual conditions. We cant use ambient as that's only applicable within 15 mins of take off, unless we had a data link to the destination terminal's ATIS :-)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Brook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: TAF or TTF and using longest RWY NIL Wind

Hi Brook,

If the type of observation was important to the question then they would have to explicitly state what type of observation it was. This question is simply asking for the maximum landing weight under those conditions so work out the maximum landing weight "using those conditions".

Cheers,

Rich

P.S. Congrats on getting through the CPL Performance course too! Excellent work and I hope you are enjoying the exam preps :)

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook replied the topic: TAF or TTF and using longest RWY NIL Wind

Thanks Rich, so I will assume that it was NOT a TAF or TTF.

Thanks for the encouragement! I will give it my best shot!

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds