Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

About question details

• Luke yu
  • Topic Author

Luke yu created the topic: About question details

Hey all
I'm a international student pilot in AUS, and I confuse some details about question.
FOR EXAMPLE:

An Echo aircraft has a basic empty weight and moment of 1962 kg and 474.8 index units respectively. It is loaded as follows:

Row 1 ...................... pilot of 70 kg and passenger of 95 kg
Row 2 ...................... two passengers 90 kg and 80 kg
Row 3 ...................... sixteen parcels of 10 kg each
Rear compartment ........... one piece of machinery of 140 kg

The minimum number of parcels that must be removed from row 3 to ensure that the aircraft remains in balance at all stages of the flight is closest to -

Row 3 ...................... sixteen parcels of 10 kg each. Like this, should I need to subtract two seats weight(10KG)? because I think pilot need to remove seats to put parcels into the ROW 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: About question details

Hello Luke

It is quite legal to place cargo on passenger seats providing it is secured and does not exceed 77 kg per seat. See CAO 20.16.2 para 5.1.

If a question says that there is cargo in one of the rows, don't remove the seats unless the question specifically says that you are to do that.

In this case, you have 160 kg of cargo in Row 3 which is 80 kg per seat so you couldn't do that. However, this question is asking how much weight would have to be removed from Row 3 to place the centre of gravity within limits. So try it with the seats in place, and then see how much weight must be removed from Row 3 to satisfy the centre of gravity requirements. It's likely that the weight in Row 3 will then be less than 154 kg. So you could do it with the seats in place.

• Luke yu
  • Topic Author

Luke yu replied the topic: About question details

Thanks very much for that Bob!

I don't know why I got 90% in final test, but I sat the exam yesterday and came out with 60%, I thought I can got 80%-90%.

How to pass CPL performance? because I know all of knowledge and questions in the book.It was a very sad and hopeless result for me. I totally don't know what can I do to improve myself to pass CPL performance examination.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: About question details

Luke

Don't be too depressed. You're not the only one who has not passed on the first attempt. You should make sure that you are not just remembering questions and not fully thinking through the steps involved in getting the answer. Sometimes exam questions can be pretty similar to questions you have worked before but with slightly different wording that can change the answer. Be sure that you are carefully reading the question before you start on an answer.

When you say that you did the final test, was that the final test in the book, or was it the final on-line practice exam? If you haven't already done the on-line practice exams, I'm sure that would be a big help.

Perhaps you just need to walk away from it for a while and give yourself a break, then come back and have another try.

Bob

• Luke yu
  • Topic Author

Thanks for your reply.
How many questions about the on-line practice exam? and answers have more details about questions? and if I pay for it, I can receive it in my E-mail ?

• Lee

Lee replied the topic: About question details

Hi Luke
There is approximately 30 questions in each Exam Prep - the first 3 exams are untimed, so you can do them at your leisure. The 4th exam is timed, just like the CASA Exam. All questions have explained answers so it is another great learning tool. Go to our webpage www.bobtait.com.au click on Place an Order and then Access for Exam Preps - fill out your details and once I have processed your order you will receive an email with your login details. Orders are only processed in Business Hours. Any problems, please let me know.

There is also the On-Line Performance Course available - you can also order this from our webpage.

Good Luck

Lee

• Luke yu
  • Topic Author

hi Lee
I have ordered this exam, but I need cancel a order( order,No.7089987) because I ordered double CPL Performance exam.
So, I submitted my credit card number, why I can't find anything about Performance exam questions in my E-mail? and I also find my credit card didn't deduct money.
Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds