Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PNR including Taxi Allowance?

• JackFa
  • Topic Author

JackFa created the topic: PNR including Taxi Allowance?

Hi guys,
Just a little confused over a question on 4.51 question 6. Finding the safe endurance off the 120gals = -(fixed reserve 17.25) - (taxi 3) then - variable reserve (divided by 1.15) giving 87 gals available for flight. Answer worked out fine except I got 300nm instead of 307nm. I see in the working of the answer the taxi allowance was not taken off the total fuel available. Why is this? You can't include the taxi allowance as flight fuel when calculating the PNR as it isn't available after take off. Or have I got mixed up? Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sydpilot

sydpilot replied the topic: PNR including Taxi Allowance?

Hello,

The question states that there is 120 gallons on board at take-off. This implies that taxi fuel is not considered as it has been used.
If the question stated 120 gallons on board at start up, the taxi fuel would be deducted.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

• JackFa
  • Topic Author

JackFa replied the topic: PNR including Taxi Allowance?

Cheers for that! So subtle with the wording!

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: PNR including Taxi Allowance?

The more I practice the Performance exams the more I realise I need to read every questions at least twice ;)

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds