Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Page 5.14 Exercise 5.7 Performance Limited?

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook created the topic: Page 5.14 Exercise 5.7 Performance Limited?

Hi Bob and Richard,

In light of the recent errors becoming apparent when using Density Height with the Echo chart, and in general in relation to the question in Exercise 5.7, did you intend on performance limiting the aircraft on either takeoff or landing or not?

Based on the wind (at 10,000 ft this is 16015) on at FPT of 340 deg, the ideal runway at Emerald to Land on would actually be 15 to land into the wind, but this has the potential to mean a performance limit if the landing charts are used. After working the question to where I was able and then checking the Answer, it seems I was right with my workings, but it doesnt seem that the aircraft has actually been performance limited in your question if RWY 15 is used (aha its the longest RWY right not the shorter one based on the performance limit!!!) but the workings you use definitely dont appear to performance limit at either.

Not urgent, and in a nutshell just want to confirm that neither takeoff nor landing were intended to be performance limited in this example.

Brook

PS: No my brain did not blow up :-) but my pencil is nearly out of lead (graphite now ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds