Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Max Landing Weight with Echo - Page 5.5 Issue 6

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook created the topic: Max Landing Weight with Echo - Page 5.5 Issue 6

Hi Richard and Bob,

Just trying to get my way though what "appears" to be a simple beetle diagram, but I am trying to reconcile the following:

If I go to the Structural Weight Limitations of the Echo (CPL Performance Supplement) it states the following Structural Limitations:

1) MTOW 2950 KG
2) Max Landing Weight (MLW) 2725 KG
3) ZFW 2630 KG

Yet on page 5.5 it mentions the MTOW as 2800 KG (which makes sense since it performance limited by the RWY length or Density Height), but it also mentions the max landing weight of 2700KG NOT 2725KG as is in the CPL Supplement for Echo MLW.

Am I to assume then, that in addition to the MTOW weight being PERFORMANCE limited to 2800KG that the MLW is also PERFORMANCE limited to 2700KG instead of the default max landing weight of 2725 KG as per the supplement? I do know this is a consideration, I just cant see if it is explicitly stated for this question.

Just trying to get a handle on the equation on page 5.5 before I go on with the study.

Brook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Max Landing Weight with Echo - Page 5.5 Issue 6

Gidday Brook

Yes you can expect that an examiner may sometimes impose a performance limited take-off or landing weight for a given scenario. It's just a matter of accepting what the question says. The take-off and landing limits may not always be the structural limits.

Bob

• sydpilot

sydpilot replied the topic: Max Landing Weight with Echo - Page 5.5 Issue 6

Hi Brook,

In the example on page 5.5, 2800 and 2700 is the performance limited take off and landing weight for the exercise and the performance supplement is not being referenced in this instance.

In the exam, you may get a question such but if there are no weighs given in the question, you will need to use the figures from the Training & Examination Workbook which will be supplied.

Cheers

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook replied the topic: Max Landing Weight with Echo - Page 5.5 Issue 6

Thanks Bob and Sydpilot for clearing that up!!

BP

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds