Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Performance Exam

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot created the topic: Performance Exam

Sat the Performance exam today and scored 96%.

In preparation for the exam, I had bought the Exam Prep Module and I would definitely recommend it to anyone attempting the exam. It prepares you well and though there are traps in some questions, you will not find it in the exam - example kilos and litres or gallons in an answer.

The take-off and landing chart questions got the better of me in the exam today (they did in the practice exams too). I must admit, the answers in the multiple choice questions were just too close. Hard to be accurate with the linear charts.

Though I completed the exam with 50 minutes to spare, I did not go over any of the questions to check my workings a second time round - just how I've been taught to do exams.

There were 30 questions all up.

Around 10 questions on definitions.
1 question on MAC
1 question of floor loading
1 question on calculating Density Height

1 question on ALA. Make sure you have CAAPs with you; page 3 of CAAP 92-1(1) is important.

2-3 questions on calculating PNR. Watch out for these questions as they have additional information in them which is not needed for the calculations at all.

1 question on CP.

2 questions on ALPHA loading system
1 question on BRAVO loading system
1 question on CHARLIE loading system

There was only 1 question involving the forward limit for the ECHO loading system. I used the graph and then double checked the answer with the method Richard had suggested a while ago. Quite easy.

There were about 4 questions on the ECHO loading system (aft limit). These were very straightforward asking for the minimum fuel in the main tanks after hard ballast had been added.

The remainder of the questions involved maximum cargo that could be loaded.

In summary, this is a very easy exam and don't let anyone tell you otherwise; easier than Navigation by far. Read the book and understand the concept.

Best of luck to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Performance Exam

Congratulations sydpilot and what an excellent result! Great job :)

• brook

brook replied the topic: Performance Exam

Well done Sydpilot! Onya - you are an inspiration! Great context on the Nav exam, and good luck with you next one!

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds