Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

[ECHO] Determining if we can add cargo to seats.

• weirdguy99
  • Topic Author

weirdguy99 created the topic: [ECHO] Determining if we can add cargo to seats.

Hi everyone,

If a question does not specify whether we can add cargo to the seats, do we assume only the cargo compartments?

I was given the following: An ECHO aeroplane has an EW of 2020kg, the pilot weights 80kg and the FOB at T/O is 300L. FOB at landing is 110L. Find the maximum amount of cargo that may be carried on this flight if there are no T/O or LDG weight limitations.

The answers are 320, 490, 530 and 637kg.

From the least of three, I got 530kg. I assumed only the cargo compartment was available, so the total capacity was reduced to 320, leading me to pick the first answer. The answer is actually 530kg.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: [ECHO] Determining if we can add cargo to seats.

CAO 20.16.2 para 5 says that it is legal to place cargo on a passenger seat providing the weight of the cargo does not exceed 77 kg and it is restrained. You can take that as advice that you can load cargo on the seats of the Echo unless the question specifically states that it is not to be loaded on seats.

Bob

• weirdguy99
  • Topic Author

weirdguy99 replied the topic: [ECHO] Determining if we can add cargo to seats.

Thanks Bob.

Just a follow-up: would it be prudent to remove the seats to gain the extra 5kg storage in that case, or only when the question specifies?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: [ECHO] Determining if we can add cargo to seats.

In that case, the question would have to say your intention was to remove the seats. You never know, the seats may be required for the return trip.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds