Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Take-Off Charts

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot created the topic: Take-Off Charts

I have 2 questions with reference to take-off charts.

1. If there is no mention of the type of surface, do we assume the best possible or the worst possible?

2. On page 3.26 paragraph 'After checking the TODA in ERSA RDS you will often be able to see my inspection of the performance charts that no limitations are imposed by runway lengths.....'

There is reference to this in the solution on page 3.28 and 3.29 that there is no take-off limit imposed by runway length at Brisbane and Townsville. What exactly does this mean? Are we just checking to ensure TODA in ERSA is greater than the maximum allowed for on the performance chart (1400)?

The above might seem obvious to some but I just thought I'd confirm .

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Take-Off Charts

As far as an examination is concerned, unless the question says it is other than a good surface, you should assume that the surface is good. It would be invalid for the examiner to leave it up to you to decide what surface to use. You will find that the CASA examiner will always specify the surface type unless you are getting the information directly from ERSA.

Yes, there would be many occasions where you could say 'by inspection' there will be no limitations imposed by runway lengths. If I was taking off from Sydney in a Cessna 172, surely I would not need to consult a P chart to check the max take-off weight permitted!

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot replied the topic: Take-Off Charts

Understood.
Thank you Bob.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds