Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam rundown

• rl_referre
  • Topic Author

rl_referre created the topic: Exam rundown

Hi guys, I just did CPL performance today and scored 94%. I used only the BT book and as per usual it is more than sufficient to score well in this exam.

PNR/ETP - know back to front. Know how how to work out when there is usable fuel at start and also how to work out with known fuel to begin with. Know how wind effects the position of the CP/ETP. All the ETP/PNR's are 1-2 mark questions. I had about 6 all up. Winds are all given as HWC or TWC so it is easy and all given to you. Just simply apply the formula.

Echo - Know the loading charts backwoods. The examples in the BT sections on dealing with the forward limit problems and rear limit problems will be a good way of getting your head around it. People say its a hard loading system but really there are only 2 formulas to remember and then it turns into a charlie loading system. Pretty easy... There are a few 3 markers on this loading system. Also brush up on A, B and C loading system.

P charts - Know them. All the wind components are given and it is pretty easy as slope all seemed to level.

There were 30 questions all up and about 10 were 1 markers which were mainly definitions. Know all the factors that effect TO distance and landing distance and TORA, TODA and ASDA. Fuel cacls were also a big part of this exam. I had no MAC questions and only 1 floor loading question. PM me if you need any help.

Onto the dreaded AGK exam next and then that is it!! Thanks Bob for your great book!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• choppernut

choppernut replied the topic: Exam rundown

Nice solid mark mate :)

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Exam rundown

Well done mate! That 's a fantastic mark - especially for home study. What a bummer that you didn't manage to scratch up that extra 6% to make it a perfect score. I'm thinking of offering a reward to any remote student who gets 100% in a CASA exam and sends a scan of the KDR as proof. Should be fun.

Congratulations, and all the best with AGK.

Bob

• FlyingThereAndBack

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: Exam rundown

Hope that offer will be open to candidates with results from last year Bob ;)

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds