Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Shifting, Adding, Subtracting weights

• Topic Author

402271 created the topic: Shifting, Adding, Subtracting weights

Hi Richard or Bob,

Any tips for what approach to take for these questions?

For example.

Shifting weight.....Near the rear CofG........use Difference between ARMS

Adding/Subtracting weight........near the front or back CofG........Required CofG limit less the location ARM

Using the Graph method ........... ??????? .......... ????????????

Just having difficulty in knowing which time to use what.

Exam Monday....busy busy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Shifting, Adding, Subtracting weights

G'day,

If you are talking about the Echo, you can almost always use the flowchart method Bob describes in the book which is essentially working with the difference in arms. The only time you have to use the graph method is when adding weight to solve a forward CofG problem. This is because the forward C of G limit changes as you add weight so the flowchart breaks down.

Good luck for Monday!

Cheers,

Rich

• Topic Author

402271 replied the topic: Shifting, Adding, Subtracting weights

B) Thanks Richard. Will let you know how things go Monday.

There are a number of feedback points I discovered and I will discuss with Bob over the next few weeks when I am doing some courses. (NAV and MET)

Incidentally, the rounding still driving me insane. In some exams, exercises and Drills, where the answers are NOT multi-guess, I have the process correct but the answer is 1kg or gallon out and therefore wrong. Reviewing, the figures used throughout the "Process" are different by 1 figure which can be vastly different when reaching the final "Weight to shift" or "Fuel to add".

Your tip above will help. Thanks. Cant chat....only 24Hrs to go and more practice to be done.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds