Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Weight and Balance.

• cathZBY
  • Topic Author

cathZBY created the topic: Weight and Balance.

OK so coming from a glider background (where I have a weight and balance maintenance ticket for gliders), it looks like zero fuel weight is what I am used to calling "max weight of non-lifing parts" Is it that simple? Sometimes the different terminology and approaches to things can be confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Weight and Balance.

Hi Cath, welcome to the forums!

Yes, that would be the equivalent in glider terminology. The max weight of non-lifting parts is there to prevent unacceptable loads on the wings/spar whilst supporting the fuselage.This is also what a powered aircraft has a Zero fuel weight limit for. It prevents unacceptable loads being produced on the airframe especially at the wing roots.

Cheers,

Rich

• cathZBY
  • Topic Author

cathZBY replied the topic: Weight and Balance.

Thanks Richard

So far I'm also enjoying the fact that the datum is at the front of the aeroplane, not the leading edge of the wing so no negative values to worry about, Also there's a lot less calculating. Just need to get my head around the charts.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds