Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

The Echo mk 1....

• Shiellsy
  • Topic Author

Shiellsy created the topic: The Echo mk 1....

G'day Guys,

I've just been revising my old copy of the CPL performance book (Feb 03 vintage) while using the current Supplement off the website. (Recipe for disaster I know!) I noticed that the book talks about the Echo mk 1 (SE CSU) tables in the supplement, but there is no mention of the mk1 in the current PPL/CPL Supplement.

Has the mk1 been benched?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: The Echo mk 1....

Shiellsy,

WOW that sure is an old book. Maybe you could offer it to a museum! The Echo Mk 1 was an invention of mine that was designed to be used at the PPL level. I used it for PPL revision in the CPL book. It's details were to be found in the supplement to the book, not in the CASA exam book.

In fact in those days, the CASA exam book was top secret and severe penalties applied to anyone who even mentioned that it existed! Up to two years in the electric chair!!

That supplement no longer exists so the Echo Mk 1 has been lost in the mists of time I'm afraid..........

• Shiellsy
  • Topic Author

Shiellsy replied the topic: The Echo mk 1....

Poor old Mk1! Lest we forget! :P

Just bought a set of the practice exams, and have a question for yourself or someone who has "lived the performance dream" before...

How close should I gauge my performance on the practice exams to the actual CASA experience? I knocked one out today under "exam conditions" and was pleasantly surprised. Wondering if I'll have a similar experience at ASL on Friday? Or am I getting a false sense of security?

Cheers,

Shiellsy.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: The Echo mk 1....

Hello again Shiellsy,

The feedback we get from students is that the Exam Prep questions are very similar to those in the CASA exam and most people do not get any nasty surprises. I think as long as you understand the principles being tested by the questions you will be able to cope with any odd problems which come in from left field. Maybe others can offer more detailed feedback but I think there are a couple of Perf exam feedback posts on here somewhere which you could have a search for if you need it.

Good luck for Friday!

Cheers,

Rich

• Shiellsy
  • Topic Author

Shiellsy replied the topic: The Echo mk 1....

Thanks for the help guys, my vintage textbook and I managed to get through performance this morning!

For anyone interested I found my performance in the CASA exam mirrored Bob's practice exams. I think I averaged about 1h 40 min to complete Bob's exams - with average result of about 91%...

I finished the CASA exam in 1:45 with 92%. So the Prac exams are en EXCELLENT tool to gauge your performance!

Three down with CPL and ATPL met booked in back to back next week!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: The Echo mk 1....

Wonderful news Shiellsy! I can't help but admire people who do so well in these subjects by home study. There aren't many full-time students who do as well as that. It's great to hear that you found the Book and the Exam Preps helpful. All the best with Met and your future studies.

Cheers

Bob

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds