Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Landing Distance Chart

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack created the topic: Landing Distance Chart

Bob in the Landing Distance Chart Type 2, if you were given a pressure height of 6000' in the exam would you say that you are climb weight limited to lower than 1000Kg? Perhaps 990Kg. Also what if your pressure height was even heigher, unlikely in reality I know just trying to figure out where that scale exactly top's out (In CASA's eyes). Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Plummet

Plummet replied the topic: Re: Landing Distance Chart

It looks about 980kg - if you put your WAC ruler on the 900-1000kg range it's about 7 units (nm) wide and the cross point is about 5.5 units along, hence about 78%.

In terms of the Pressure Heights, I'd say with almost 100% surety that CASA will not give you a scenario with any conditions greater than what's covered in the charts. Extrapolation outside the charts is normally a no-no. Besides, at the lowest Climb Weight Limit of 800kg, you're probably very limited to any meaningful operations anyway!

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: Re: Landing Distance Chart

Thanks for reply, that was along the line's of what I was thinking but just wanted piece of mind, I dare say you are on the money though, cheers.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds