Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

ERSA RWY

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack created the topic: ERSA RWY

Bob I have another question for you on this fun FPP stuff if I may.

Firstly I am using ERSA 17th November 2011

Question 6 page 8.10 on your practice exam in back of FPP book: Coonabarabran

I had no problem with the question but while looking at this section I realised the figures 1.2% for RWY 19 under TODA and 2.06% for RWY 01, what are these values? I'm guessing something to do with clearway but is that not 5% minimum.

Also WID 30 (Runway width, ok) but then RWS WID 90, what is this 90?

It also says RWY reference code based on 150M.....

Basically I'm just wondering if you could explain the RDS section info to me a little, would appreciate it in a practical sense, and may be useful in the exam.

Well for now I'm off for my first passenger carrying flight after passing GFPT :) Look forward to reading your response when I'm free again.

Thanks in advance once again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Plummet

Plummet replied the topic: Re: ERSA RWY

The %'s you refer to are the obstacle free gradients for the runways mentioned - obviously the lower the % the better.

RWS WID is the width from side to side which contains the runway plus the graded and ungraded portions. The graded portion is defined by boundary markers, while the ungraded is free from upstanding objects - see ERSA Intro 21.2 for full info (I think Bob recommends in his book that the Intro section of the ERSA be read prior to the FPP exam?)

I'm not 100% sure on the 150M runway reference code but assume it means that the gradient "splay" has been referenced from the inner edge of the 150M RWS WID, rather than the normal 30M WID. I'll leave this to someone else to confirm or amend.

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: Re: ERSA RWY

Thanks for reply, I must admit after completion of his FPP book (Just the other day) and cyber exam's, it all became a little clearer, but you still helped, I really wasn't sure why they gave two width's but yeh what you said makes sense, cheers. I think I will read through the intro before exam.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds