Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Last few subjects in CPL Performance book

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack created the topic: Last few subjects in CPL Performance book

I have noticed that in the back of the CPL Performance book, there are referals to AIP references for Operational Met type subjects, and also schedule 5 as well as schedule 8 with a few other references from CAR's. I understand that these are obviously all real world considerations in flight planning, but just trying to get an idea of how much to implant into my fagile over-studied brain as none of these reference text's are allowed in the CPL exam. Are questions relating to these kinds of matters expected to appear in the exam? I figure probably not, maybe something along the lines of when you need to obtain a weather forecast or something at most, but there's no point in memorising the entire "Schedule 8" right? Just thought I'd ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Last few subjects in CPL Performance book

Yes, you've got the picture. Those chapters of the book were included because they were included in the syllabus. Since the official name of the subject is 'Performance and Planning' I included them because they really could be considered as part of planning. However, there will be no questions in this exam requiring you to interpret a TAF. Also Schedule 5 and 8 are really part of Air Law and any questions on those topics would be included in that exam.

Keep having fun

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: Re: Last few subjects in CPL Performance book

Thanks Bob I thought that was the case, just your books are SOO spot on for what the exam's entail I got a little worried when I saw all that in there ;)

Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds