Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exercise 5.6 Qeustion 3

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack created the topic: Exercise 5.6 Qeustion 3

Simple question, the answer to Exercise 5.6 Qeustion 3 in the Performance book states that the maximum cargo which may be loaded on to the aircraft is 555 Kg.

The maximum permissible load for baggage and cargo compartments is 320 Kg (55 Kg left, right and forward compartments, and 155 Kg in the rear compartment), so given that the flowchart allowed 555 Kg, would 320 Kg not actually be the correct answer?

I wrecked my brain trying to figure out if I was missing something, in the process I realised that seat's can be removed and 82 Kg of cargo can stand in their place, but this weight would surely not be classed as cargo for the sake of loading if it is in the passenger compartment, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Exercise 5.6 Qeustion 3

You will notice that in that question, there are no passengers on board. Any cargo placed on passenger seats is still called cargo. The fact that it is in the passenger compartment does not alter that. You certainly couldn't call it passengers. It would be listed in the cargo manifest as cargo.

• FlyingThereAndBack
  • Topic Author

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: Re: Exercise 5.6 Qeustion 3

Ok, so if I have this right, providing the question has no passengers, meaning 5 seats can be removed (Allowing an extra 5 X 82), and if no other weight restrictions were to limit you, you could actually load a total of 730 Kg of cargo (Disregarding COG), in theory?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Exercise 5.6 Qeustion 3

yep

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds