Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Take Off Data - Review Qtns Set 1 Qtn 6

• tomcataviator
  • Topic Author

tomcataviator created the topic: Take Off Data - Review Qtns Set 1 Qtn 6

Hi all
I think im missing something here. Ive got the winds sorted and he PH as -10, but how do I use the take off chart and enter the PH at -10 and then do I follow the 800m line up to the top of the chart. Do I start at the zero on the right or the zero on the left of the pressure height box?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Take Off Data - Review Qtns Set 1 Qtn 6

Hi Tomcat,

The rule for any performance chart is you may interpolate but never extrapolate, or in other words, you can interpret values within the bounds of the chart but you may never make imaginary extensions to existing lines or boxes to accommodate new values.

In this example, with a PH of -10, you will have to use the closest value marked on the chart which is 0ft PH. This is marked on the vertical axis on the LHS of the bottom left box of the Echo P-Chart. The 0 marked on the RHS is for the temperature scale and represents 0oC.

From the 0ft mark you take a line across the bottom of the box until you hit the +20oC guide line and then run a line up until it intersects the 800m line for the TODA. From that point you go across to the reference line for surface, follow the guide lines down to short wet grass then across to slope etc etc.

Cheers.

Rich

• tomcataviator
  • Topic Author

tomcataviator replied the topic: Re: Take Off Data - Review Qtns Set 1 Qtn 6

Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the reply Richard!

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds