Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Loading System Alpha Difference.

• bosh-777
  • Topic Author

bosh-777 created the topic: Loading System Alpha Difference.

Hello i've been doing the bob tait questions from his book and i reached the Loading system Alpha type questions. i was using the VFR Day Booklet for the graph. I've came to a realisation that this graph is different to the ones bob tait supplies with the CPLA book.

eg. Page 5.30 Question 2. on the Day VFR booklet the answer comes down to 0KG of fuel can be added due to that the TOW is right on the limit. and No sufficient fuel can be added.. where as Bob tait has in his answer as 35KG of fuel can be added and i notice a little difference in his charts.For row one the 77KG lines are more to the left than the ones on the day VFR booklet. which is the correct graphing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Loading System Alpha Difference.

Hi Bosh,

This difference can be a problem and so we will standardise the graphs in the supplement to be identical with those in CASA's VFR (Day) Booklet.

With the P-Charts it is all about learning the techniques for solving problems. You will encounter different data in the graphs with different aircraft obviously so the point of the exercises is to get used to using them correctly, whatever version you are faced with.

You will often get different answers using CASA's graphs versus using Bob's versions but that's ok. Bob has, up till now, been using his charts to calculate the answers to questions in the book so that people could study without needing the CASA booklet. On the other hand, his cyber exams use CASA's booklet as the reference.

Back to your problem though. I haven't re-worked it, but if your answers differ because you are on a different chart and yet the steps are identical to those in the worked answer, you can be sure the problem lies with the difference in the charts. You could try reworking the question using Bob's chart and see how close you get to the answer if you want to double check.

As I said, this inconsistency is being addressed and will be corrected in future editions (if it hasn't already). Sorry if it has caused you any confusion.

Cheers,

Rich

• bosh-777
  • Topic Author

bosh-777 replied the topic: Re: Loading System Alpha Difference.

I though so. i did try it with bob taits supplement graphs and i got the same answer as he did, so I am assuming my process is correct just as the charts are inconsistent. I assumed i was doing something wrong glad to know my process was right :D

Thank you Rich Highly appreciate your help !

• Richard

No worries. Have fun :)

• bosh-777
  • Topic Author

bosh-777 replied the topic: Re: Loading System Alpha Difference.

Hey richard.

Just been doing bob taits questions with the Day VFR booklet again. I've came across another difference between the charts in the Echo forward limit questions. doing the question with bob taits supps the answer is equal to what he has then doing it with the DVFR booklet its 15 more than his.

Just though id let you know, if use weren't aware of that to.

regards

bosh

• Richard

Thanks bosh. We'll try and get these anomalies ironed out :)

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Loading System Alpha Difference.

Rich is this a new problem with a recent issue update? I never had any problems with the Perf book charts vs. work book charts..?

Maybe thats why I had so many issues with performance?!! :lol:

• Richard

Hi Ellzy,

No it's not new but it is something that keeps popping up. Bob's decided to avoid any further problems and simply use copies of the CASA charts. The differences aren't significant in every chart and in some questions make no difference to the outcome. It might explain why some answers were hard to pick in some questions though.

How's your instructing coming along?

Cheers,

Rich

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Loading System Alpha Difference.

Thanks for that Rich, yes instructings going really well and I'm really enjoying it.. Just hoping I'll have the hours to upgrade rather than renew come next Feb. I'm about half way to my 100 so it's fairly steady I guess. Had some extremely average weather lately so who knows what summer will bring. It's the nav hours that are gonna be hard to get!

Will keep you's updated,

Cheers and enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds