Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Forward Limit/Aft Limit/Centre of Gravity Envelope

• Wong
  • Topic Author

Wong created the topic: Forward Limit/Aft Limit/Centre of Gravity Envelope

Hey Guys,

Ive started going through chapter 5 of the performance text book, everything seems fine till i hit from page 5.47 onwards. I'm attempting the questions in exercise 5.12 and 5.13 and im quite confused!

Im struggling to understand when i should be using the aft limit of 2680mm to solve the questions, when to use the forward limit formula before using the figure found into the flow chart and lastly when i should be using the centre of gravity envelope to solve questions.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Forward Limit/Aft Limit/Centre of Gravity Envelope

Hi Wong,

Balance problems can be a bit tricky but don't despair. The first step in these problems is to identify which way the aircraft is out of balance. Plot the current situation on the envelope and see whether you are outside the forward or rear limit.

In general, you will always use the flowchart approach unless it is a question involving adding/subtracting weight to solve a forward limit problem. In that one particular case, you have to plot two points on the envelope to find the weight change required (the same approach you should have used at PPL level).

Bob made a post about this a while ago and you can read it in the "How to Pass CPL Performance" thread.

If you have any problems, let us know.

Cheers,

Rich

• Wong
  • Topic Author

Wong replied the topic: Re: Forward Limit/Aft Limit/Centre of Gravity Envelope

Thank you so much Richard!

By plotting the situation onto the envelope at the beginning certainly helps out alot!

That thread you linked also is of great help!

I will be sitting the exam this coming monday, hopefully it all goes smoothly!

Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds