Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

What topic to start from for the exam

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

DkBb created the topic: What topic to start from for the exam

Hi, I have been out of touch from the studies for a while due to some personal problems, but am getting back into the studies now because I still have to finish 3 exams within 4 weeks, I was wondering what topic should I start from while preparing for the performance exam coz it looks too much after being away for 1 year or so. please help I need it really bad. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 172_Freighter

172_Freighter replied the topic: Re: What topic to start from for the exam

3 Exams in 4 weeks is fairly tight, but still very do-able (in my opinion) if you have:

A) The time
B) The mental capacity

to be able to spend 3-4hours of *quality* time per day studying the material. Bob's books cover the material very well, and I am of the opinion that should you be able to understand everything in his books like the back of your hand then your exam score will be somewhere between 85-95%, the other ~5-15% comes down to either further research and/or exam day frame of mind!

PS: I come from a mathematics background and found it alot easier to turn the 'flow chart' method of weight to shift/ballast to add into formulae and simply plug in the numbers. Unless you want to take individual Moments about the datum, it is either a case of memorising the flow chart, or memorising the equation, depending on your background you may find the latter a little easier.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: What topic to start from for the exam

G'day DkBb... as Freighter says, this is a BIG ask.

I totally agree with him that IF you really need to pass them all in the next 4 weeks, you have your work cut out for you. I have spent about 2 hours a day on Performance and it has taken me 3 weeks to get to the stage where I am sitting the exam in the next week. If you can really apply yourself and if you can handle the stress that wil come with this workload, you probably will have time.

From my perspective if you could get more time to do these exams you would be far better off. That way you will not burn yourself out.

But IF you really have to do it, then yes it can be done and Bob's books are the only way I know of that will allow you to do it in time.

I am not trying to be negative, but the volume of work would be far easier if you can re schedule the exams.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: What topic to start from for the exam

Agreed. If one of the exams is performance, that alone would need probably 1.5- 2 weeks "full time" study, it's quite demanding.

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

DkBb replied the topic: Re: What topic to start from for the exam

Thanks heaps guys, yea I wish I had more time to study but my 3 years are ending next month. and I couldn't study because I had to change courses due to personal reason and I was under another student visa studying hospitality so I couldn't study aviation because you are not allowed to study 2 different subjects under one visa.

Is there any way that i can ask casa to give me a bit more time?

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds