Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Review Questions - set 1 - page 8.1

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: Review Questions - set 1 - page 8.1

Hi Bob and team.

Well I have struggled through this section and I have to improve my 'accuracy' and 'interpretation' - meaning I need to read the questions VERY carefully. Hopefully this little gem will help others to be very careful about what the question is asking for.

Example:

Q 32 on page 8.5 asks for the 'centre of gravity range' so I calculated it as (a) 2515mm by using the formula Weight (2785) - Min Weight (2360) x 2.6 + 2400mm = 2515mm.

Wrong answer - didn't read the question. The 'RANGE' is 2680mm (aft limit) - 2515mm = 165mm ANSWER IS (c).

Each time I get one wrong, it gets me closer to understadning the correct answer.

I do not know how people without your texts can pass these exams. I have looked at other study texts and none are up to your standards; and none provide your great processes and clear/concise/logical explanations Bob.

Hope to be ready for the exam in a week's time. Doesn't look like we'll get to Qld due to weather (down here) so we'll have to just wait until we get a break in the weather so I can buy you a nice bottle of red when we finally meet.

Cheers and thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Review Questions - set 1 - page 8.1

Yes Brenton I think interpretation is half the problem on our end and ambiguity on their end. On one of my attempts there was a bunch of info about fitting something in the rear compartment and right at the end it asked "how much can fit in the rear compartment of an Echo?" I direct your attention to the word 'an'..

I thought I was being clever in calling their bluff (155kgs) but I got it wrong haha.. Oh well I got the same question the next time I tried and got it right..

You'll do fine, you've obviously put in a lot of effort! I'm tipping you'll hit the 90's.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds