Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Echo Weight to Add

• Andrewy
  • Topic Author

Andrewy created the topic: Echo Weight to Add

I hope this isn't another silly question.
I've been doing the practice cyber exams, and I came across a question which has me stumped.
It was about an Echo with the weight at 2462kg, including pax and bags etc, but no fuel.
Fuel at take off is 100 gals, and fuel required for first landing point is 35gal.
The question asks how much weigh may be added to the rear compartment.

I used the flow chart, and I kept getting an answer much higher than would actually fir in the compartment (155kgs).

I'd just find the weight, deduct the fuel, and that should be my answer right?
Any help would be appreciated. :S

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Good questions

Hi Andrew, there is no such thing as a silly question. The only silly question is the one you don't ask. That is the one that will get you stumped.

Beleive me we all learn from other's questions and especially Bob's great answers.

Keep on posting your thoughts. And good luck with your studies.

• Davpor

Davpor replied the topic: Re: Echo Weight to Add

Hi Brenton and all,

Firstly id like to thanks Bob and his dedicated crew on having this site to be able to access the information required in passing these exams.I sat my last exam (perf)last week and actually passed(76%).I found this subject the toughest of all and im glad i left it till last,having said that i still think that the more work and effort you put into any of these subjects the easy it all gets.I was surprised to some degree on the questions that were asked in the exam( as i have been from the start)but you do learn to expect the unexpected.But the majority of it was pretty much expected (etps,pnrs,fuel ballast,max cargo,all 2 marks each.1markers were associated with tora and temp,Va relationships with weight and abut 3 p charts which i still find to be a hit and a miss to some degree because of the inaccuracy of the charts.Time MANAGEMENT is a big priority with this exam as a also found with Navigation.
Andrewy that question appears your on the right track as long as you convert the gals to kgs but ill let the experts answer that one, between Bob and Richard they make understanding the question that much easier.
Once again Thankyou for all your help in getting me over the line.

Best Regards
Dave

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Echo Weight to Add

Andrew

Can you give me your user name and password for the cyber exams. I'll need to check your exam history so that I can see the actual wording of that question. I suspect there's more to it than what you have described in your post.

Bob

Andrew

This problem is just a 'beetle diagram' type problem. The max take-off weight is 2820kg [landing weight limited]. So take off the total fuel at take-off, 272kg, and you get a ZFW of 2548kg. Take out the current empty aircraft, pilot, passengers and cargo, 2462kg and you get 86kg of extra cargo that can now be added. The rear compartment really has nothing to do with it because the question said to ignore balance in this case.

See attached.

Bob

File Attachment:

File Name: CFPA_063.pdf
File Size:101 KB
Attachments:

• Andrewy
  • Topic Author

Andrewy replied the topic: Re: Echo Weight to Add

Thanks very much for that Bob!
I don't know why, but just having it explained again in a different way seemed to make it much more clearer.
I sat the exam yesterday and came out with 88%, so that's not too bad. That's the end of them all too!

Thanks again for your help and prompt responses to my questions.

Andrew

Andrew, you're a legend!!

That's great news, and a good solid pass as well. Enjoy your flying training as I'm sure you will. Stay with us on the forum and keep us posted on your adventures in the big bad world of aviation.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds