Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Runway slope and Landing Charts

• 172_Freighter
  • Topic Author

172_Freighter created the topic: Runway slope and Landing Charts

Just confirming that I should only consider runway slopes in landing charts if they are greater than 1%.

i.e if the slope happens to be 0.4%, 0.6% or even 1.0%, I use LEVEL as my entry data?

Reason I ask is that Q6 in the final test of the book asks for the MLW of an echo at Coonabarabran, yet the only way I can get the question to yield the specified correct answer of 2250kg (B) is if I use the slope. Otherwise I consistently end up with 2300kg (C) whether or not I use the charts in Bob's supplement or even the CASA day VFR book itself.

These TO/LDG charts drive me INSANE!:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Runway slope and Landing Charts

Hi 172,

Yes, it does seem confusing. Officially, slopes of less than 1% can be ignored, however our viewpoint is why ignore it if the graph gives you the ability to incorporate that slope. After all it may make a significant difference to the answer. Bob also contacted CASA about it but I'll check with him if he's heard anything yet.

Bottom line is, if you got the right answer using the slope then you are using the charts properly which is good news :)

Cheers,

Rich

• 172_Freighter
  • Topic Author

172_Freighter replied the topic: Re: Runway slope and Landing Charts

Thanks richard,

Just got back from the exam sitting and was happy to walk out with a 94%. The exam certainly 'pushes' you quite a lot more in comparison to the other exams, but this was to be expected give the feedback I had received from mates. I felt that given the time, I had to really work to get through it Accurately ... I didnt think it was any harder than the excercises in the book. Cheers!

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Runway slope and Landing Charts

Congratulations!!! 94% is definitely something to be proud of. It's good to see all your hard work paying off in the end. Great stuff :)

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds