Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

obstacle free gradient

• Davpor
  • Topic Author

Davpor created the topic: obstacle free gradient

Hi Bob and Rich

Well im deep into the performance subject and was going through the practise exam at the end of the book.I have come up with a question i dont understand .its on the final exam Quest.no 38.
The actual obstacle free gradient from the end of TODA on runway 23 at Deniliquin is;
a) 2.53% b)2.955 c)1.2% d)1.9%
Answer is Given as C .I dont Know how to work this one out.As far as i can see there is no runway 23 at Deni.?Must have missed something somewhere,anyhow if you can shed some light on this i would appreciate it.
(You may have updated the runways in a later version as im using issue 3)

Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: obstacle free gradient

Don't fret!

When the question was written there was. You're not missing anything. All that was intended was for you to look up ERSA and read the figure out of the RDS.

I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I have amended that question in the latest print. This sort of thing keeps happening - just to keep us on our toes!!

• skewes

skewes replied the topic: Re: obstacle free gradient

Hi,

Ive been looking at the same question in the final test and found that the question has been updated to Deniliquin rwy 12 however still not the same as the ERSA.
So just to confirm the question is asking what the TODA (%)is in the ERSA?

The current ERSA has a figure of 3.25% is this the correct answer?

Thanks in advance.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: obstacle free gradient

Hi Nick,

Yep, 3.25% is the correct answer.

Here's another one to make up for the confusion arising from the one in the book:

You plan to depart Glenn Innes. The wind is 140oM/15kt. The actual obstacle free gradient for your departure will be:

(a) 1.34%
(b) 2.16%
(c) 3.2%
(d) 2.5%

Answers on a postcard please ;)

Cheers,

Rich

• Thank you received: 2

rubber replied the topic: Re: obstacle free gradient

They've changed Glen Innes now as well!

rubber

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: obstacle free gradient

Well spotted. Yes they have indeed changed it. Thanks rubber. I've updated the answer options

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds