Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

exam

• Collie
  • Topic Author

Collie created the topic: exam

hi just wondering if anyone can give me a rough exam brief on what to expect in the exam, and to what degrre is the language easy to understand or still written shit house like all the other exams !!

thanks

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: exam

Hi Ben,

If you have Bob's Performance study book then thats pretty much what you can expect in the CASA exam. I highly recommend you purchase the cyber exam as this gives you an idea of what type of questions are asked and allows you to work on getting them done in the most efficient manner.

From what I remember there were about 3 or 4 ETP/PNR questions, 3 large W&B questions regarding the Echo worth 3 marks each. A few "How much ballast.." ones, numerous 'smaller' questions about obstacle free gradients, TODA/TORA and the like.

I had mega trouble with this one, so I can vouch for the effectiveness of the cyber exams and this forum.

Cheers

• nickr

nickr replied the topic: Re: exam

Hi Ben,
I took the exam last week and from memory. There is about 3-4 3 Mark ECHO questions, which i basically found the easiest questions in the whole exam (But be certain to go back and check your answers as no matter how careful you are with the loadsheet calcs chances are you have some minor mistakes with the numbers as I have found. I also got two quesions on system ALPHA (1 of which I somehow got wrong), 1 on system BRAVO, about 2-3 on MTOW (Careful as these are slightly wordy), about 2 each of ETP/PNR which they tend to load the question with alot of info, some of it that isn't relevant.

My downfall was the linear takeoff/landing charts. I got 2 2-mark linear (YANKEE) chart questions, both of which I got wrong not because I didn't know what I was doing but because they are that open to interpretation and error prone that it basically becomes a 50-50 shot, and i lost that battle. There is also some ZULU chart questions which are alot mors straight forward. A few Fuel calc questions, 1 Floor Loading intensity, the rest are general knowledge which tend to include relationship between TODA, ASDA, TORA etc. These 1 markers can carry the standard CASA ambiguity so be careful.

Good Luck.
Nick

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: exam

Sorry nickr, what are yankee and zulu charts?!

Has something been added to the syllabus that I don't know about :ohmy:

• nickr

nickr replied the topic: Re: exam

Hi Ellzy,

The Zulu charts are referred to in BT books as P charts and the Linear charts are the Yankee charts. However I got Yankee and Zulu from the Dyson-Holland supplement. Same thing, different name :)

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds