Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.
172_Freighter created the topic: ERSA Requirement
I will be sitting NAV in the upcoming days and recently purchased an ERSA however it does not include the RDS. So far I cannot recall seeing anything about the RDS in Bob's book, however do you think it is a necessity for the exam?
You will need the RDS supplement I'm afraid. Here's the word from ASL's website:
For this examination you will be required to supply and may only use:
* Sydney WAC
* Hobart / Launceston VTC
* Brisbane - Maroochydore / Gold Coast VTC
* ERC Low 1/2
* ERC Low 3/4
* Planning Chart (AUS PCA) * ERSA Complete, includes CASA produced Runway Distances Supplement
* Nav Equipment - Dividers, Compass, Protractor, Ruler (or straight-edge), and non-electronic aviation wind triangle and circular slide rule computer
* AIP textbook containing Part 1 - GENERAL (GEN), Part 2 - ENROUTE (ENR), Part 3 - AERODROMES (AD), INDEX and any AIP SUP
* Either AIP or Jeppesen documents may be used, but NOT both
* **Aeroplane exams only - You must produce an original of your logbook showing evidence of having passed your BAK (Not permitted to be taken into exam
They expect you to have the RDS with you and that means content from the RDS could be included in your exam. Whether it is or not is a luck of the draw. Maybe there are no questions that user it directly.
However, I'd hate to miss a question because I didn't have the required materials to hand. You might be lucky and not need it. Then again.....