Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam passed

• Dan
  • Topic Author

Dan created the topic: Exam passed

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just passed the NAV exam. NAV was pretty standard, Bob's book is right on the money for the type of questions CASA ask. Be mindful of how CASA ask the questions, double check what they are actually asking... I found that some of the questions were back to front from Bob's on certain question types. The questions i found most difficult were Latitude/Longitude questions... not because they are hard to understand but because it seems that they hired Dr Seuss to write them. Also double check W/V questions as they use the pick the closest answer method for these and i found a lot of the time my answer fell right in the middle of two possible answers.

If you have a solid understanding of Bobs' book, you will have no issue passing.

Cheers,

Dan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Exam passed

Congratulations Dan

• Dan
  • Topic Author

Dan replied the topic: Exam passed

Thank you Stuart,

I do have a question regarding a question I got wrong it went something like -

Position a is on 137 east 20 south and position b is on 130 east and 20 south, if it is 1735LMT at position a what time is it at position b? I used the 4 minutes to cross consecutive meridians but got the answer wrong.... was I on the right track?.

Cheers,

Dan.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Exam passed

There is nothing wrong in applying 4 minutes for each degree of longitude difference. The latitude really has no relevance anyway. The answer is 1707LMT at B.

If the question asked for UTC, then you would have to convert 1707LMT to UTC by subtracting 8 hours 40 minutes.
That makes it 0827UTC.

Attachments:

• Dan
  • Topic Author

Dan replied the topic: Exam passed

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your explanation, that is the answer i got, I must have read the question wrong somewhere...

Appreciate your help.

Cheers Dan.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds