Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

GAF and SAR cancel Question

• Henry_Q
  • Topic Author

Henry_Q created the topic: GAF and SAR cancel Question

Hi there,

Passed my exam with 88%, thanks for the online exams, really helpful.

One question regarding to GAF:

1) What GAFs are needed if a flight departure from YLEC to YMDG? (Choices may different, but should be like this way if I'm correct)
A. SA only
B. SA, NSW-W and NSW-E
C. SA, NSW-W
D. SA, NSW-E

I choose B, but the KDR shows I am wrong, so, what GAFs should I choose?

Another one about the radio frequency choice is:

1) What’s the radio frequency to cancel SARWATCH at INVERELL(NSW)? (Choices may be different, but I'm sure it has 126.7 and 127.1)
A. 126.7
B. 127.1
C. 119.75
D. 3452

I choose B, which is the Brisbane Centre (Circuit Area) frequency shown on ERSA, but I got this wrong as well.

I'm pretty confident that I am right, but no idea why this could happen, anyone can explain this to me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: GAF and SAR cancel Question

Hi Henry
Your answer for the GAF question is what I would have chosen I can't see how it could be something different, as for cancelling SAR did the question ask if you were on the ground? if so you would have had to use HF to cancel SAR as Brisbane is only available in the circuit area.

Cheers
Stuart
Attachments:

• Henry_Q
  • Topic Author

Henry_Q replied the topic: GAF and SAR cancel Question

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply, I see the point about cancelling SARWATCH in VHF is not available on ground, it solved my question.

But just don't understand what happened to the GAF question, as I can't see any other GAFs that I should choose. Does it mean I should put area codes in as well?

Regards,
Henry

• Stuart Tait

Hi Henry
I can't see how you could do that if it isn't presented in the answers
Strange one without seeing the actual question I don't have an answer

Cheers
Stuart

• Henry_Q
  • Topic Author

Henry_Q replied the topic: GAF and SAR cancel Question

Hi Stuart,

If there is no choices, just a question is asking what GAFs are needed if flying from YLEC to YMDG? What would you choose from PCA? I will still use SA, NSW-W, NSW-E.

May be I need a more clarified explanation about GAF. But I think it's similar to the old ARFOR questions, all we need are the numbers (in ARFOR) and letters (in GAF).

• Stuart Tait

Hi
I would have chosen the same as you if you look at the PCA chart I included in my first post I can't see any other choice for the question you posted

Cheers
Stuart

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds