Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cpl nav exam

• Bodgethebuilder16
  • Topic Author

Bodgethebuilder16 created the topic: Cpl nav exam

Hey fellow aviators get your calculators ready. I sat the Nav exam today and was pretty confident going in but as usual casa had other ideas about things like calculating heading and ground speed to the nearest degree and knot and converting cas to tas to the nearest knot. Im pretty pissed off after I was averaging 95% on the practice exams and to walk away with 57% feels like a kick in the nads from casa. I like the idea of being accurate with calculations but the exam was obviously written by someone at a desk who sits in the back of planes and wouldn't know the first thing about flying them. Cheers Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stuart

stuart replied the topic: Cpl nav exam

Keep your chin up Ben
You'll nail it next time

• Dobbo

Dobbo replied the topic: Cpl nav exam

Thanks for the heads up Ben. Working my way through Nav now and some things do seem quite daunting to a greenhorn like myself. Casa do have a way with word placement and phrasing as I found out in Met and Human Factors.

Good luck next time round.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds