Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

SARTIME cct area

• dadadale
  • Topic Author

dadadale created the topic: SARTIME cct area

Hey Everyone,

I've got an exam coming up Tuesday 20th on December .. yes a committed pilot 5 days before Christmas! hohoho

Anyways I've read a few SARTIME form posts and also had a friend jus finish he's CNAV and he got this question wrong in relation to how to cancel SARTIME.

If the ATS COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES says;
FIa YMML CEN 125.2 Circuit Area

What does the "Circuit Area" specifically mean (air / ground)

I've done a bit on research and couldn't find the answer

Kind Regards
Dale
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: SARTIME cct area

That's a good question. I am not aware of a specific definition although most people have a reasonable idea of what it must mean. The AIP hints that it is within a 3nm radius.

IFR aircraft may be operating within a 'circling area' AIP ENR 1.5 para 1.7.6 Note 2. But I doubt if that is intended to be a definition for VFR general aviation aircraft.
Attachments:

• dadadale
  • Topic Author

dadadale replied the topic: SARTIME cct area

Thanks for the quick reply bob!

After a long night of thinking about it, looking at a fair few different aerodromes and reading your reply. I think;
-Cct Area means you can cancel within the area, but not on the ground

-on ground, this one tricks me and I can only assume it means ONLY on the ground

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: SARTIME cct area

If it says you could get ATS on 125.2 Mhz (that's a VHF frequency) in the circuit area, I would suppose that you would need to be at circuit height to be in VHF range. In that case you would not expect to get VHF reception on the ground. If that is possible they will usually say 'on the ground'. For example

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds