Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Outdated permitted materials

• lalapopba
  • Topic Author

lalapopba created the topic: Outdated permitted materials

hey there,

i'm sitting for my navigation exam tomorrow, wondering if it's alright to bring an outdated ersa (just by one revision), March 2016.

Also, I am currently doing the exam preps, scoring about 90% on the prep tests.
having been reading through the nav forum, but are there any specific advise to help me get a good score in the exam?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Outdated permitted materials

CASA advise that exam questions are marked according to the rules and data that are current at the time of sitting the exam. If you use an outdated publication you are taking the risk that, if the information in ERSA relevant to a particular question has been changed, the question will be marked according to the new information. However you would have to be very unlucky to be caught by that one. That said, it is a requirement that you keep all publications up to date, not only for an exam, but for your every-day flying.

The feed-back we've had is that if you are doing well in the practice exams on Navigation, you should have no problems with the CASA exams.

• lalapopba
  • Topic Author

lalapopba replied the topic: Outdated permitted materials

Thanks Bob! Exam is in a couple of hours. looking through the exam preps as a last minute revision now.

• lalapopba
  • Topic Author

lalapopba replied the topic: Outdated permitted materials

Thanks Bob, i've gotten a solid 93%, even though i was confident that I had all the answers right. Nonetheless, couldn't complain for a self study. The scores are very reflective of the scores I've achieved in your online exam prep. I had two questions wrong and couldn't figure out why they were wrong. The two questions were not multiple choice questions, and demanded entering of figures. Must have been tricked by something.

The questions that came out in the actual PEXO exam are generally familiar, but a good 30% of the questions required working out precise figures and entering the numbers, instead of the usual multiple choice questions.

Now on to HPL. Any tips anyone got for me for HPL? Are the questions (TEM included) in bob tait reflective of the questions asked in the actual PEXO exams?

Sidetracking, just interested to know if Bob will be retiring soon, and what's going to happen to the entire syllabus and business once Bob goes into retirement. I note that a certain Richard seems to be taking over some of the answering of questions in the forum, so wondering if he's the one going to update the syllabus in the future. Also, if Bob Tait can have ATPL materials, that'll be great! (planning for the future!)

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds