Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Nav exam debrief - and all seven exams done !

• pvr325i
  • Topic Author

pvr325i created the topic: Nav exam debrief - and all seven exams done !

I sat Nav this morning - and passed with 87%.

The exam was pretty similar to Bob's exam prep. There were quite a few off track type questions (TE, CA etc), a few fuel calculations, distance to climb/descend. There were a few questions requiring consultation of the PCA and ERCs, so make sure you take them, as well as your ERSA. Also know your EOD/BOD calculations. I think there was only one on radio nav. Know how to use your flight computer in your sleep.

I originally had booked the exam a week later than the actual date, but decided the night before to transfer to the following morning - I just wanted to get it out of the way. One surprising thing is that there aren't any practice exams in the book, although I always buy the exam preps so this wasn't such a big deal.

Although I'm not quite happy with the result, I found this topic far easier than Performance, and I recommend you do Performance before Navigation as some concepts flow through (if you've nailed the fuel calculation questions in Performance, the Nav ones will be a doddle).

Also - this was my last exam. I thought my knowledge was pretty good as a PPL, but my understanding is much deeper now, and I am very glad that I've sat and passed all the exams. I did enjoy the process. Now to the flight test.

Thanks to Bob and Richard for all your help. I will keep all of my books and use them as good references in the future.

Good luck to all and safe flying.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Nav exam debrief - and all seven exams done !

Congratualtions - well done and a good solid pass as well. All the best with your flying now.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds