Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Converting inches of mercury to hectopascal

• Spinrecovery
  • Topic Author

Spinrecovery created the topic: Converting inches of mercury to hectopascal

Hi,
I am trying to get my head around the altimeter pressure questions. The higher altitude you go up the less the inches of mercury. What about the high to low beware below situation?
Ex. when an altimeter is changed from 30.11 inches Hg to 29.96 inches which direction will the indicated altitude change and by what value?
What i did was I take 30.11-29.96 = .15 * 1000 = 150 ft lower
Ex. En route at FL290, your altimeter is set correctly, but you fail to reset to the local altimeter setting of 30.26 inches during descent. IF the field elevation is 134 ft and your altimeter is functioning properly, what will it indicate after landing?
Basically, in this question I have been flying at FL290 with 29.92 inches setting and I start to descent with the same setting to lower altitude which I am supposed to change it to 30.26 (the lower the altitude the higher the inches of mercury) so 30.26-29.92 = .34*1000 = 340 ft-134 = 206
Please correct me if I am wrong. Is there a quick method of converting inches of mercury to hectopascal?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: Converting inches of mercury to hectopascal

Hello,
Try the ERSA! GEN-CON 8 and 9 has the conversion tables.

Mister W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds