Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Fixed Card ADF

• Topic Author

818861 created the topic: Fixed Card ADF

can someone help me understand how to figure out the answer to a question below?

your track is 140M and HDG is 135M, what should a fixed-card ADF indicate, if you are on track if your departure AD has an NDB?

also a few other questions below i don't understand some help would be great :)

you are at 170 West and you want to fly to 170 East which is the shortest route and what direction... is the answer East?

what direction and speed does the earth rotate if you look up from under the South Pole?

What is the line called that connects points with zero magnetic variation?

thanks guys for any help you can provide :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Fixed Card ADF

The needle of an ADF always points along the track to/from the station. If the track is 140 and the heading is 135, the nose of the aircraft is 5° to the left of the track. The ADF needle will be 5° to the right if the tail. i.e. it will indicate 185°R.

If you travel East from 170° West of Greenwich to 170° East of Greenwich you will have traveled through a total of 340° of longitude, which is much more than half way around the earth. If you traveled west from 170° West of Greenwich to 170° East of Greenwich you would only have to travel through 20° of longitude, a much smaller distance. Grab a globe of the earth and check it out.

Again, grab a globe. If you rotate the earth from west to east and look up from under the south pole, the rotation is clockwise.

An agonic line is a line that joins places where the magnetic variation is zero. Google it.
Attachments:

• Topic Author

818861 replied the topic: Fixed Card ADF

Thanks a lot bob! it is really good to know that your always there to help!

Having used all your books so far for the CPL exams they have never let me down ! and I've done 6 passing all first time! :cheer:

couldn't of done it without your material

Thanks heaps

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds