Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

SARWATCH termination

• FliegerNick
  • Topic Author

FliegerNick created the topic: SARWATCH termination

Hi there Mr. Tait, Richard - everyone! ,

Long time viewer and first time poster -

So I am currently through my CPL exams and recently failed the Navigation exam......only got 68% :(
So upon reviewing my KDR, there was one question I got wrong which is currently confusing me to how I got it wrong.

I don't remember the question (or answers) to the exact wording - but it went along the lines of 'if you were landing at Young [YYNG] and you wanted to cancel your SARWATCH, what frequency would you do that on?'

Of the answers, it included the ATS frequency of '135.25' - which I ticked - and other HF frequencies.

Now given it states in AIP ENR 1.1, paragraph 52.1 to 52.2.4 - am I correct by saying the FIA frequency is correct?

If someone is able to say 'yay or neigh' - that would be fab!

Thanks!
-Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: SARWATCH termination

Hi Nick,

Without knowing the exact wording of the question and the different answer options I can't be 100% sure but I suspect the important thing to this question is the FAC entry for Young in ERSA:

"FIA Melbourne Centre 135.25 Circuit Area"

That means Melbourne Centre is not available on the ground so if the question stated you had landed, you could not use 135.25 to cancel your SARWATCH. You would need to use one of the HF frequencies you would get off your PCA chart or you could of course give CENSAR a call on 1800 814 931.

Cheers,

Rich

• FliegerNick
  • Topic Author

FliegerNick replied the topic: SARWATCH termination

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick response!
Ok sure, yeah I understand the question is a tad open ended in regards to the various answers avail that depend on the wording of the question.

Guess I am back to the desk to go for round 2, thanks!

-Nick

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds