Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Use of Maps in CNAV Exam

• Tom.RQM
  • Topic Author

Tom.RQM created the topic: Use of Maps in CNAV Exam

Hey all!

I have my CNAV exam on Wednesday and I was hoping someone who has completed the exam could help me out with something. On the ASL booking confirmation it says that the candidate may supply the following:

- Sydney WAC
- Hobart/Launceston VTC
- ERC Low 1/2
- ERC Low 3/4
- Brisbane - Maroochydore/Gold Coast VTC

This may sound like a stupid question, but are these actually needed? I don't really want to go out and buy maps for the single exam and then never use them again!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom.RQM
  • Topic Author

Tom.RQM replied the topic: Use of Maps in CNAV Exam

For anyone reading this - please take my advice!!

So I did my Nav exam yesterday and decided it was not worth the $12 to get the Hobart VTC for my exam. I failed with 68%. Had I not been so lazy and cheap and just gone and bought the Hobart VTC, I would have passed. So advice for everyone doing the Nav exam - buy and take every map/chart that you are allowed too! Learn from my $150 mistake :P

Anyway, back to studying Nav for me! Booked to do it again on the 12th.

Cheers,
Tom

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Use of Maps in CNAV Exam

Tom, sorry to hear about missing the exam and by such a slight margin too. That's bitter mate, totally bitter :(

Good luck on the 12th and sorry your post slipped under the radar. We would have told you should have the mentioned charts with you in the exam, even if you don't get questions on all of them.

Cheers,

Rich

• Tom.RQM
  • Topic Author

Hey Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me none the less! I've bought all the relevant charts for tomorrow's exam, so hopefully I don't make any stupid mistakes like I did on the last attempt! Fingers crossed

Cheers,
Tom

• Tom.RQM
  • Topic Author

Hey Rich,

I passed my CNAV exam yesterday with 88%! Had a few of the same questions, and very glad I bought the Hobart VTC as I had the exact same question which required it last time!

Tom

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Use of Maps in CNAV Exam

Great news Tom. Well done! I'm so glad you got through it this time - actually you caned it. 88% is a very respectable result.

Warning to others: Don 't forget your charts :-)

Cheers,

Rich

• Tom.RQM
  • Topic Author

Thanks Richard! Now I'm onto IREX before doing my last CPL subject, Performance!

Tom

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds