Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL NAV EXAM..........

• wazjones
  • Topic Author

wazjones created the topic: CPL NAV EXAM..........

Hi All,

Sat my first attempt of the CPL Nav exam yesterday & failed, Got 68% :(

Had a couple of curly Questions popped up which i cant recall seeing in any of the documents I have at hand & rattled my thought process during the exam:

Wording may not be precise but you get the gist of it ;)

1 - Two locations on the Greenwich Meridian one at 170 degrees West & the other at 170 Degrees East - Which is the shortest route between them, North, South, East, West.

2 - You have landed to refuel, 10US Gallons of Useable Fuel remain & 43US Gallons needed for the next leg - What is the minimum fuel needed to be put in the a/c, 90US Gallons, 53US Gallons, 43US Gallons & I cant remember the last selection.

In regards to the Knowledge Deficiency Report given at the conclusion of the exam it doesnt really help you in regards to the Questions failed other than the Areas/Topics.

One in particular is "Terrestrial Magnetism"???

I'm a bit bummed about the Failure at the present but shall soldier on & resit the exam in the next week or so.

Cheers, Warren.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CPL NAV EXAM..........

I can't get my head around this one. If you are on the Greenwich Meridian how can you also be on 170° East and 170° West? That's like saying that you are in Melbourne but you are also in Sydney and Adelaide.

If you have 10 gallons in the tanks and your need 43 gallons for the next leg, I guess you need to add 33 gallons. Am I missing something?

Terrestrial magnetism refers to the Earth's magnetic field I guess.

Bob

• Shiellsy

Shiellsy replied the topic: CPL NAV EXAM..........

1. I heard of a question that asked if you were at 170E and wanted to go to 170W which way is the fastest (continue tracking east on a great circle path would be my answer). Was that the type of question? The addition of the Greenwich meridian is a bit of a curly one though!

2: The only answer I can think of is that you landed with your reserves intact (10gal). The 43 gal you require is flight fuel to be added on top of your fixed reserve of 10gal. Requiring you to add 43gal.

I've got NAV on Friday so ill keep an eye out for these ones....

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds