Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

TMG on converging track 1 in 60

• Topic Author

796183 created the topic: TMG on converging track 1 in 60

Hi guys and girls,
About to sit my cpl nav test I have one question that I would like conformation on. Situation 3 on page 4.40 it ask to find the TMG witch I have no problem on with all the other 1 in 60 questions..I have looked though the study guide and correct me if I am wrong there is no paragraph to mention on how TMG is calculated in the converging track 1 in 60 . The FPT with this question is 018 with the TE being 9 deg left of FPT track and if you add the FPT and TE together you get 027 witch is the answer in the question. It does makes sense to me but just need someone to tell me 100% this is how the TMG in these Situations is calculated, any help would be very appreciative.

thanks
Scott Wilkinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: TMG on converging track 1 in 60

Gidday Scott

If you check the answer diagram on page 4.44, you will see that if you started at 9nm left of FPT and ended up 5nm left of FPT after flying 27nm, you track error has been 9 degrees. However if you check the resulting TMG and compare it to the FPT of 018 you will see that the direction of the TMG is actually 9 degrees further right than the 018 FPT. It is true that you are located to the left of FPT, but the direction you have flown is 9 degrees further right than the direction of the FPT. You TMG is 018 + 9 = 027.

Bob

• Topic Author

796183 replied the topic: Re: TMG on converging track 1 in 60

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your quick response..to sum converging track situations TE + FPT =TMG?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: TMG on converging track 1 in 60

FPT plus or minus TE = TMG. It depends on whether the direction of the TMG is to the left or to the right of the direction of the FPT, That is, whether the TMG is converging towards or diverging away from the FPT. If the TMG is converging towards the FPT, you would ADD the TE. If it was diverging away from the FPT, you would subtract the TE.

All the best with the exam.

• Topic Author

796183 replied the topic: Re: TMG on converging track 1 in 60

Thanks Bob :)

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds