Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Wind direction/Cross wind Components Calculations

• mayo
  • Topic Author

mayo created the topic: Wind direction/Cross wind Components Calculations

If the wind is 220 degrees M at 20 kt and the runway to be used is runway 16, What is the cross wind component?

Im having some problems with this, as when i put this on my wizz wheel as wind at 220/20 then i move the wheel around to 160, and i get 10kts cross wind??? but the answer is 17kts?? im really confused?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Wind direction/Cross wind Components Calculations

The circular computer is not designed to give runway wind components. It gives crosswind components based on the drift and TAS in flight. If you want to find the crosswind component on a runway you need to look up conversion table in ERSA-CON-6. This allows you to find crosswind and headwind components for a given angle between the wind direction and the runway direction and for a given wind strength.

Attachments:

• mayo
  • Topic Author

mayo replied the topic: Re: Wind direction/Cross wind Components Calculations

Thanks so much for your quick reply bob.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds