Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Page 4.40 - 1 in 60 exercises

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: Page 4.40 - 1 in 60 exercises

Hi Bob, Richard.

Having now completed my second run through the Nav book and doing the exam on Wednesday, I thought I'd just highlite and area of confusion which has been bugging be and may also be a bit confusing for others - or maybe not.

Question (10) is worded thus; the heading that would have kept the aircraft ON the direct track.

This is confusing since the aircraft has already been diverted therefore it is never going to track from the initial point of reference from which the FPT was obtained. The heading referred to in the question is the heading from the INITIAL fix so why would you want to know what heading would have maintained the FPT from the get go?

There is probably an obvious answwer - is it that if you had maintained the correct heading from the outset you wouldn't be off track?

That would be logical except that in the first question you have to divert to avoid cloud; in second question you couldn't have kept the correct track as your passenger asked you to go and look at some property...

The third question has the tower directing you off track....

So in all cases the track from the outset is set by outside factors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Page 4.40 - 1 in 60 exercises

It's really just a question of what heading 'should' you have used in the first place. For example, if you regained FPT before your destination, it would be the heading to use from that point on to maintain the original FPT.

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Page 4.40 - 1 in 60 exercises

Hi All. Passed NAV today despite CASAs best efforts. Made a couple of blunders but still got 86% so now on to the last two GK & HPF

Will post a more detailed update when I get back home. IPhone keypads are a bit tiny.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Page 4.40 - 1 in 60 exercises

Well done Brenton! Congratulations!
ehehe. Had a chuckle at that one. They're not really that bad you know :laugh:

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds