Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

VOR Indications Page 5.27

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: VOR Indications Page 5.27

Hi Bob, Richard.

Just checking; once the aircraft is turned INBOUND on the 090 radial to get a COMMAND indication, shouldn't the OBS/OBI show 270 and TO in the window?

The diagram on the right has the 090 at the top? indicating the aircraft is coming in on an OBS/OBI heading of 090. Isn't this on the 270 radial TO the aid?

In summary doesn't the OBS/OBI always have to show the relative heading of the aircraft on the radial in order to be a command instrument?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: VOR Indications Page 5.27

Well spotted Brenton! Yes you are right. The indication the right hand diagram needs to be 270 and indeed, in order for it to act as a command instrument, the OBS setting has to roughly approximate your heading.

Time to get out the tip-ex!

Cheers,

Rich

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: VOR Indications Page 5.27

Yes, the text was correct but somehow the wrong diagram was inserted. See new page below. Thanks for your feed-back....

File Attachment:

File Name: NAV5.27.pdf
File Size:264 KB
Attachments:

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule replied the topic: Other Obs

Thanks Bob, Richard. I also noted on page 5.39 of Issue 3, the printers have labelled all VORs as 'Fixed Card ADF'. It is possible that you have now sorted all these in the new issues.

Anyway: all done now, and exam booked for Wed 5th October. Will keep you posted. I think I'll start of Gen Knowledge now.

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: Other Obs

Thanks Brenton, Bob and Richard,

I thought I was starting to loose it again ;-)

I feel much better now! :-)

Brook

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds