Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

finding the actual wind in flight.

• Madox01
  • Topic Author

Madox01 created the topic: finding the actual wind in flight.

hey,

Just wondering if you can guide me in the right direction with this situation...i have the CR2 computer and not the one shown on page 4.46...im hoping this makes sense..

TAS = 180mph
T/C = 175degs
T/H = 160degs
G/S = 144mph

when finding the actual wind and velocity on track, my CR2 computer states that if the crab angle fairly high which occurs in the situation above for which it caused a e.g 47kt left x-wind. It states to use the effective true airspeed(ETAS) in this case it reduced the TAS to 174Mph
the difference is 30mph between the ETAS and GS....if you didnt use the ETAS, the difference is 36mph

The wind when calculated gives very different answers due to the H/W component experienced depending on the ETAS of 30 or the TAS of 36..

Is there a rule of thumb that you use to differentiate the two, for example greater than 30kts xwind convert the tas to etas??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Madox01
  • Topic Author

Madox01 replied the topic: Re: finding the actual wind in flight.

its all good, ive figured it out now :) thanks anyway

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: finding the actual wind in flight.

Missed your post Madox, must have slipped in under the radar. I'm glad you got it sorted out :)

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds