Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AIP for Meteorology Study/Exam

• mrchavez
  • Topic Author

mrchavez created the topic: AIP for Meteorology Study/Exam

Hi all

Does anyone know if it is possible to download the Aeronautical Information Package series as a whole.
I not looking to bypass copyright and I will buy the Air Services Hardcover Binder if required but $120 seems a bit steep especially if it already exists in a PDF format.

I have visited the Airservices website and they seem to provide the text for free ...BUT it can only be obtained by clicking on several thousand links. I'm assuming this is force people into buying the publication.

Thanks in advance
Ian S

By the was the BT HUF book was excellent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: AIP for Meteorology Study/Exam

Hi Ian,

No you can't I'm afraid. It would be in direct contravention of their Terms of Use which are described in the Conditions of Use section of the Copyright Notice.

Undoubtedly there's some hack for mirroring their documents but why bother? You'll need the hardcopy versions for the exams and some form of copy available for real-life flying anyway. You'll probably have to bite the bullet at some stage. Another alternative is to borrow someone else's docs for the exam :)

Cheers,

Rich

• mrchavez
  • Topic Author

mrchavez replied the topic: Re: AIP for Meteorology Study/Exam

Viewed but not printed....Thanks for quick reply Richard....

a.The AIS Publications may be displayed and viewed on screen in an unaltered form (which retains this notice) for personal, non-commercial purposes only. For the avoidance of doubt, personal use does not include use for internal business purposes.

b.For the avoidance of doubt, except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of the AIS Publications may be:

i.reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, redistributed, republished or commercially exploited; or

ii.edited, altered, modified, adapted or developed

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: AIP for Meteorology Study/Exam

Yet another document that you can add to the 'never ending list of things of documents and gizmo's' that need to be purchased to be a pilot :) Albeit the AIP is probably the most interesting to read..

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds